Thursday, March 12, 2009

Interesting Quotes: Michael Steele


Steele had plenty to say yesterday.

"I am pro-life, always have been, always will be."

and...on if homosexuality is a choice:

"Oh, no. I don't think I've ever really subscribed to that view, that you can turn it on and off like a water tap. Um, you know, I think that there's a whole lot that goes into the makeup of an individual that, uh, you just can't simply say, oh, like, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being gay.' It's like saying, 'Tomorrow morning I'm gonna stop being black.'"

This was said yesterday in a GQ interview, now the GOP is mad at him.

5 comments:

Joy said...

The GOP keeps trying to get rid of him. You'd think if he believes this that he wouldn't make those other comments. I really do like how disorganized the GOP is right now and hope it lasts long enough for some voters to come to their senses.

EMikeGarcia said...

This amuses me to no end.

Allan S. said...

V, he is setting it up so he can depart. The GOP showed him that he was hired for his looks and not his talents. So, I feel he's getting into deeper hot water with them to then justify his coming resignation.

Ray Avito said...

I think I hear faint shouts of RINO in the background...

Mikey's had a bad couple of weeks. It's pretty ironic that they propped him up there to show that they were a new, progressive GOP, but his new, progressive slips of the tongue keep landing him in hot water.

Unknown said...

he is a Republican right?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.