Saturday, March 7, 2009

DePaul University faces 2 Hate Crimes

Drama at DePaul University, folks. Within a month, the campus has experienced 2 hate crimes...2.

Patrick Stewart was attacked on Feb 4th. He was leaving a theater when 3 men approached him.

"I fell to the ground, and the person that kicked me said, 'I know who you are and I know that you're gay,'".

Stewart describes the brutal, hate-filled attack he says he endured on Feb. 4: "That person and two other people just started kicking me and punching me and like I was pinned to the ground, so I couldn't really go anywhere."

"They were calling me things like queer and fag."

Weeks later, another hate crime was occurred. This took place at the DePaul Student Center. Posters of a Palestinian guest speaker were defaced with swastikas and Hitler-like mustache.

The school is completely embarrassed and plans on making this a top priority in their policy changes. I hoping for the best.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.