Friday, March 6, 2009

I Heart Rorschach


I saw Watchmen last night, and I have to say that I may need to watch it again. Maybe it was the Seattle air or the fact it was midnight, and the movie is 2 and half hours long, but I was a bit lost.

The movie was here and there, then it way over there. I know this post vague, but I know some of you will see it, so I don't want to ruin it for y'all. However, I was struggling with the concept of story. When I read the graphic novel years ago, I could feel it. But last night, I couldn't; in fact I fell asleep several times during the film. However, I will see it again this weekend.

The cute parts of the film was the action pieces and Rorschach. I forgot how cool he is. I'm so glad his character was played to the fullest, I truly enjoyed him. He should have his own series.

And on a shallow point, it was nice to see cutie, Patrick Wilson as NiteOwl. I know, I know I should focus on the story, but he's adorable and you get to see him in his b-day suit a few times.

In all it's an interesting movie. I just need to see it when I'm not tired.

2 comments:

J. Clarence said...

I'm a bit disappointed the movie is receiving such mixed reviews. I'm still going to go see it this afternoon.

If anything just to see Patrick Wilson in a bow tie. That man is gorgeous!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Speaking of shallow... But the FULL Bday suit?? Hope so.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.