Thursday, March 26, 2009

George Weber's Murderer Arraignment


Joe Katehis, the 16 year-old murdered of George Weber, was charged as an adult with second-degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon yesterday. Right now, he is being held without bail.

This case is bringing up a lot of issues, including the age difference of George and John. I spoke to a few folks about this incident. Most folks are wondering why a well-known 40 something person would indulge in any sexual acts with a kid. Others wondered if George knew that John was just 16.

I'm still at a lost here. If he knew John was 16, why he possibly jeopardize his career? And...if he didn't know, could he have done more research on John? I mean, if I was looking for a particular sexual fantasy, I would make sure I crossed every possible T and dotted every I. You can't prepare for everything, but I would still try.

George's entire career will be drowned in this murder. This is already drawing fire from conservatives and the crazies.

Joe's blog, has some interesting views from the crazies, believing that George deserved it. After reading some of these 'views', I fear that this incident, along with Sam Adams' mess will haunt us in the years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are assuming Mr. Weber knew his attacker's age.

All we know is that Weber solicited an ad on Craiglist and that there was some e-mail back and forth prior to the meeting.

That I know of, the craiglist ad has not been posted, nor has details of the conversation, that allegedly (we have to say that now) occurred between the two.

That said, you can't be a proud black man (as indicated in your profile) and scared of any repercussions that may occur. If one is scared, it's because they want to be.

Mr. Weber is yet another example of what happens when that closet door just isn't there for one to open and the evilness that lurks inside it.

Wonder Man said...

I'm more afraid of how this can used against us. The crazies could twist this incident into their favor. I just don't this tragedy to be used as fodder to push their agenda.

KAOS said...

I'm not familiar with this story, but isn't it just a case of horny middle-aged dude with a mid-life crisis getting swept away by the attentions of a handsome youth, without a thought for the consequences?

Anonymous said...

A little too late for that.

Instead of running away and making believe the problem doesn't exist, as is so often the case with gays, I would suggest we use the Weber case as an example and lesson to be careful in not using the internet for sex and companionship.

What we do is express shock and anger at those people who are exploiting the tragedy for their own personal gain.

No exceptions.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.