Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tennessee's State Rep and Idiot, Stacey Campfield introduces "Don't Say Gay" Bill


A friend let me know there were some foolishness going on in my home state of Tennessee. Apparently, there are some folks who want to ban the word "gay" from schools.

Now when I heard this, I laughed because I thought, 'who would think of such a thing?'. Then it hit me that it's Tennessee and I knew it was possible. I mean, I love my home state, but I also know there's some weeds in our rose garden.

So I surfed the nets and found out what was happening...They're trying to start a "Don't Say Gay" bill in the schools.

This fool, State Rep. Stacey Campfield filled this mess before and failed, but he's trying again. Stacey wants this bill to prevent public elementary and middle school teachers from providing info about any type of sexual orientation, only heterosexuality should be the ideal identity. He believes that homosexuality will confuse and cause unsettled emotions in children.

Now this infringes on free speech, but I don't think Stacey is aware of that. However, he's well known in Tennessee for his malarkey.

He once introduce a bill that required death certificates for aborted fetuses. He's also created a "Baby Daddy" bill,which would allow a mechanism for paternity be disestablished in the event that a conclusive DNA test proves a previously assumed parent is not the biological father.

But he is elected, so somebody thought he was doing something good.

1 comment:

David Dust said...

Might I just say that Miss Stacey has an EXTREME case of Gayface.

XOXOXOXO

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.