Thursday, October 2, 2008

Someone Lay Hands on Mel Kuhn


This is Mel Kuhn, the Mayor of Arkansas City Kansas. In an odd beauty pageant fundraiser, Kuhn participated in a drag queen contest which is an annual fund raiser for CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates. The agency supports foster children in the court system and area.

Anywho, dumbass Kuhn not only appeared in drag, but in blackface named "Smellishis Poon". He even had back up dancers for the talent portion, calling them his "Red Hot Puntangs."

Well, the local NAACP found out about this and went after this dolt. Then after a meeting and some stubborn mess from his part, Kuhn woke up and realized what he did. He also released this statement.
"It has been brought to my attention how offensive this was and I absolutely agree that it was shortsighted of me not to see that in the first place. I am sincerely sorry and I sincerely apologize for the offensive nature of my actions. This was not CASA, this was of my own volition, and I take full responsibility for my actions. The buck absolutely stops here". - Mayor Mell H. Kuhn

I think he should lose his position.

Source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.