Sunday, October 19, 2008

Powell Endorses Obama


One of the Repubs top dogs came out for Obama today, Colin Powell.

"I think he is a transformational figure, he is a new generation coming onto the world stage, onto the American stage, and for that reason I'll be voting for Sen. Barack Obama," Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Powell said he was concerned about what he characterized as a recent negative turn of Republican candidate Sen. John McCain's campaign, such as the campaign's attempts to tie Obama to former 1960s radical Bill Ayers.

"I think that's inappropriate. I understand what politics is about -- I know how you can go after one another, and that's good. But I think this goes too far, and I think it has made the McCain campaign look a little narrow. It's not what the American people are looking for," he said.

That's right, Powell. And I hope folks realize that it's not a black thing, it's a whole lot more than that. Read Powell's words here .

source

1 comment:

Allan S. said...

Powell's actiions are a blessing to him. He is cleaning some Karma, and coming full-circle by closing a chapter in his life that I am sure he regrets.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.