Saturday, October 11, 2008

Interesting Quote: Rep. John Lewis


"What I am seeing reminds me too much of another destructive period in American history. Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse. George Wallace never threw a bomb. He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama."

Source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to be aware that this is going both ways right now and is CRAZY! I received a death threat a few days ago, and a few friends of mine received them today by extreme leftists. I do not consider these guys political nor samn by any measure. They're just nuts.

Anonymous said...

One more thing... please don't take me as being unsympathetic. This truly does sadden me.
I just wanted you to understand that this is happening everywhere and is being driven by hate on all sides of the circle.

Anonymous said...

Rep. Lewis speaks the truth.

I was only a child myself when those bombing took place but even today it moves me because nobody has the right to do something like that.

But that the battle still has to be fought today makes me realize that the efforts of my mothers generation are being denigrated.

And my mother didn't live her short life so that this could happen again. I'll be so glad when the rabid racist generation dies out.

Wonder Man said...

This is sad and hopefully this foolishness will end soon.

Christina, I'm sorry you are getting threats and other mess. It should not get that crazy over different views

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.