Friday, October 31, 2008

Anne Rice is a God fearing woman now


The woman who brought gays and vampires together is taking a new path in life. The Lord's path. Yes, Ms Rice has found God and she's quite happy about it.

In her memoir, "Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession," showcases her goal to become a true Christian writer.

Recently at her home in Cali-Cal, she said:

"To be able to take the tools, the apprenticeship, whatever I learned from being a vampire writer, or whatever I was -- to be able to take those tools now and put them in the service of God is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful opportunity. And I hope I can redeem myself in that way. I hope that the Lord will accept the books I am writing now."

The memoir follows the release of two books in a planned four-part, first-person chronicle of the life of Jesus.

And in this new 245-page memoir, Rice presents her former life as vampire writer as that of a soul-searching wanderer in the deserts of atheism; as someone akin to her most famous literary creations -- Lestat, her "dark search engine," Louis the aristocrat-turned-vampire and Egyptian Queen Akasha, "the mother of all vampires."

"I do think that those dark books were always talking about religion in their own way. They were talking about the grief for a lost faith," she said.

Rice returned to Christ in 2002, but this will be her true beginning as a Christian writer. I wish her luck and I will miss the Mayfair witches.

Source

1 comment:

Butch said...

I hope she still has room in her heart for her gay son, Christopher. Many times, when a person finds "God" they embrace everything about the religion including the prejudices.

I don't understand why she can't continue writing about vampires, witches, and spirits and have religion? Does one need to deny the other?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.