The Horror mess known as The Haunting of Molly Hartley is coming out today. I don't know why this was green lighted, but I guess someone gave good head for this to be released.
It suppose to be a movie about a girl who will be Satan's booty call or something. But I feel that this is a failure, and here's why:
- This story is played out. We've seen the Devil's bride, child, cousin movies already. There's nothing new that Satan can do at this point.
- Satan doesn't need a soul, he has many souls to choose from. Challenge Satan's reasons to exist. I want more than 'We want Satan to support us through your soul' stance.
- It uses the 'when you turn 18' motif. It's tired, most spells don't determine age.
- The cast is the pretty white kids who are playing teens when they're 20 somethings. Diversity, please.
- Real scary movies are playing on cable channels for free.
- The son of Scott Tracy from The Thunderbirds, Chace Crawford is in it.