Friday, October 24, 2008

Trick R' Treat is best Horror Flick within the last 15 years!!




I just attended a semi-private screening of Trick r Treat. This movie was amazing! it takes me back to the 80s watching Creepshow with the babysitter.

The movie is consist of 4 stories that intertwined with each other. Each stories tells a lovely creepy tale mixed with a Halloween theme. The use of legend and lore is fantastic. I found myself following each story with ease. It's very simple storytelling and classic in its use of make-up and style.

I don't want to say too much, but I want this movie to be widely released. It's needed in the Horror genre. The only movie with a Halloween theme in it is...well, is Halloween. But that's caught up in Michael Myers. This fright flick is so much more.

Thank Hera for this movie, it's not a remake or a sequel. It's an instant classic and I'm glad to have had the experience. And I got the movie book signed by the creator and cutie, Michael Dougherty.

Thank you Ain't it Cool News for hosting. Oh and the guy who played Iceman was there too, so cute.

3 comments:

EMikeGarcia said...

Ooooh... Looks awesome! Reminds me of the times I go to the video store and just buy movies based on their DVD covers.

I've been sorely disappointed many, many times.

Thanks for your review, I'll keep my eye out.

Christopher said...

I am so f*cking jealous! Ooh!

Parka said...

I'm so going to get the art book.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.