Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zooey Deschanel to play Loretta Lynn in "Coal Miner's" Musical

If you don't know, 'Coal Miner's Daughter' is one of my favorite movies and I will always have a soft spot for Loretta Lynn. But I was surprised to hear a musical is being made with Zooey Deschanel. I thought it was a rumor until I saw this clip And read this article:
Country music legend Loretta Lynn is taking her life story to Broadway, and she has chosen film and TV actress Zooey Deschanel to play her on stage. Lynn, 80, unveiled plans for a musical adaptation of "Coal Miner's Daughter" during a Grand Ole Opry show at the Ryman Auditorium on Thursday night. 

Wearing one of her signature long-sleeve, floor-length dresses, the Country Music Hall of Fame member blew through four songs before bringing Deschanel onstage to sing the title tune. The announcement mirrored the way Lynn invited actress Spacek on the Opry stage in 1979 to reveal that Spacek would play her in an upcoming film. Spacek later won an Academy Award for her performance. 
This is amazing, I like Zooey and I think the musical will be hot.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.