Monday, May 14, 2012

Look, I don't need a Poll to tell me I'm Morally Acceptable

So I guess we're normal? According to this Gallup poll we are becoming more morally acceptable
 The slight majority of American adults, 54%, consider gay or lesbian relations morally acceptable. Public acceptance of gay/lesbian relations as morally acceptable grew slowly but steadily from 38% in 2002 to 56% in 2011 and is now holding at the majority level.
And

This Gallup trend mirrors the growth in public support for legalizing gay marriage, which has risen from 42% support in 2004 to 50% or greater support in the last two years. Americans' support for gay rights on both questions leveled off in this year's Values and Beliefs poll, conducted May 3-6.
Really? I don't need anyone to tell me I'm morally acceptable. Hell, we need to turn this around and look at the Heterosexuals. With their taste in entertainment, leaders and religion, we should ask if they are morally acceptable.

Child please, poll something else.

source

1 comment:

Bob said...

I kinda like the poll, in that, when the homophobes and bigots and haters and religious wingnuts see it, their tiny heads will explode!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.