Thursday, May 3, 2012

In Indianapolis: Gay Student faces Expulsion for protecting himself from Bullies - WATCH

Darnell "Dynasty" Young has been teased and bullied at his school. One night the bullies chased Darnell, throwing rocks and bottles at him. When his mother got involved, the school blame Darnell for being too gay or too noticeable. So she gave her son a stun gun to protect himself. Now, he could be expelled from school. Watch, Darnell explain his situation.



If our kids have to go to extremes to feel safe at school, then the schools are failing them. source

2 comments:

Bob said...

I'm on the fence about this.
While I wish the school had done something, I don't like the idea of students, gay, straight, bully, or victim, carrying any kind of weapon.

Anonymous said...

Good for him. I wish more of these gay kids who are being bullied carry a gun and shoot. Why kill yourself, defend yourself. when I read where a kid took his life I do not even care any more......FIGHT BACK!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.