Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Easter Confrontation: Did it Happen?

The blogs and some news outlets reported on Jarrod Scarbrough and Les Sewell's planned confrontation with Obama about ENDA.


I was on the fence about this until I saw the couple on TV.

I got a little concerned. I imagined the couple to look a little more presentable when addressing the President on important issues.

Anywho, many activists were excited by this, calling the media blitz successful. But here's the thing, ENDA was never gone or ignored. ENDA was talked about less than month ago, in fact, 72 lawmakers urge the White House to move forward on ENDA. So, the ENDA discussion was always present.


And the question at point, did they actually talked to President Obama? After all of this hype, did they do the damn thing? To be honest, I feel cheated. If you tell me I'm going get a $1000 and you tell everybody else that I'm getting a $1000, then hot dammit, I better get a $1000.


They talked about this to everyone and everywhere, so why is there no ass news about their 'confrontation'?

Again, with all of this hype and disorganized activism, what was really accomplished with this?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred and Barney Rubble would have come off as stupid. Like said before " all they have to do is keep their mouth closed, Blacks can change their skin".

Kyle Leach said...

No mission accomplished as you point out V.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.