Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tennessee State Rep. Jeremy Faison believes Poor Values, not Bullying, leads Teens to Suicide

If I could, I would mind wipe most folks in Tennessee.  Dummy on a stick, State Rep. Jeremy Faison claimed that poor parenting and values causes teens to commit suicide. He also think that bullying has nothing to do with it.

He said:
“We can’t continue to legislate everything. We’ve had some horrible things happen in America and in our state, and there’s children that have actually committed suicide, but I will submit to you today that they did not commit suicide because of somebody bullying them. They committed suicide because they were not instilled the proper principles of where their self-esteem came from at home.”

His statement was quickly called out and many took to Twitter and other outlets to deal with Jeremy's silly ass.

After the heat hit him, Jeremy apologized:
"After reviewing my comments on the House Floor today, I regret what was a poor choice of words. My true intent was to protect children from becoming criminals. Suicide has touched my family, and I would never want a parent or family member to feel they were responsible for such an unimaginable tragedy." 
Whatever, you're still an asshole.

source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.