Monday, April 11, 2011

Interesting Quote: Louis J. Marinelli


It was clear that NOM needed a plan to activate what supporters they had, to mobilize them to respond to events to create a grassroots-like illusion of support.


Of course, illusion is my word but is an accurate usage of the word considering the objective. NOM in no way ever ordered me to create an illusion.


I am sharing this with you because I want you to realize that NOM is a small group of devoutly religious Catholics supported by a couple of undisclosed sources. NOM is essentially made up of Brian Brown, its President, Maggie Gallagher, the CEO, a handful of other Board members (who are scattered across the country involved in other matters), a couple of advisors to Mr. Brown and a small and largely incompetent office staff.


Their social media management isn’t operated by NOM – they’re not big enough for that nor do they understand social media! As Jeremy Hooper detailed, Opus Fidelis manages NOM’s social media and websites.


That is all that is standing between you and the freedom to marry. There is no grassroots opposition. While they have proven to be quite successful over the past couple years, I think it’s time to put NOM’s size into perspective. Are you going to let a handful of fringe Catholics (with whom many Catholics disagree on marriage) stand between you and the freedom to marry?
Louis discussing the illusion NOM creates to motivate support 

source

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have my theory about NOM confirmed by Marinelli.

I've always known NOM is a small group of very vocal bigots.

I know this because back in a former life I realized how to manipulate the media. It isn't hard to do at ALL.

The difference is, I know when to deploy the necessary tools to get the media interested. The idiots at NOM have no such skill.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.