Saturday, April 30, 2011

Channing Tatum will revisit his Stripper days in new film, 'Magic Mike'


Well, well, well! Sexy on Tap Channing Tatum will get to show off those stripper moves in an upcoming film with Steven Soderbergh. It's called 'Magic Mike' and it's about, well, male strippers.

Now, he has just committed to direct Channing Tatum in Magic Mike, a story of friendship set in the world of male strippers.
Tatum plays the title character, who schools a young dancer in how to hustle on and off the stage. It's a wild summer of dancing, partying and women. The inspiration for the film is Channing's own experiences as a stripper when he was 19. Nick Wechsler is producing with Gregory Jacobs, Tatum and Reid Carolin. Carolin is writing the script.


"When Channing talked to me about this, I thought it was one of the best ideas I'd ever heard for a movie," Soderbergh said in a statement. "I said I wanted in immediately. It's sexy, funny and shocking. We're using Saturday Night Fever as our model, so hopefully we're on the right track."

Said Tatum: "This was a wild and pivotal time in my life and I couldn't be more thrilled to go down the rabbit hole with Steven."
I'm sure it will be fun, sexy and possibly a male version of 'Showgirls'

source

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think It's a great idea. Showcase your body while you have it. I think any acting hunk should find a way to preserve that hotness on film. And I'm thinking less Showgirls, more Players Club.

Mind Of Mine said...

I think this is a step backwards in terms of career.

Prince Todd said...

I'm going to see it. The plot or writing doesn't matter. As long as I see plenty of hot man flesh.

David Dust said...

I agree with Toddy - sign me up!!

XOXOXO

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.