Monday, April 18, 2011

Ding Dong! The Race-baiting, Assumption making, Haterade drinking, Obama blasting Queerty site is Dead!


Well after 5 years of race bating, misinformation, hateration, bitterness, Obama Drama and unsaturated foolishness, Queerty closes up shop.

The reasons are not so clear, but rumor has it that it was getting too costly to run (again, RUMOR). This site had many up and downs over the years, but I guess I was surprise to hear about its demise.

When I started blogging, I read Queerty regularly. I gave them credit for many pieces that I used for this blog. But once President Obama was elected, Queerty changed; or maybe I noticed the foolishness a lot more in their post.

I was shocked by the mess it stirred up on a regular basis. The tag lines sometimes didn't match the blog post and it seemed they were always looking for a fight. They would use bad assumptions to prove their ill-formed thoughts or post the wrong information. I found myself addressing their mess more than thanking them. In fact, you can see my history with Queerty through my blog posts.

Then, the readers or better yet, the ones who left comments. I saw some the most racist, vile and hateful stuff from the gay community. After awhile, I stop reading it all together. It felt like they were willing to go overboard to draw attention and it worked, but for the wrong reasons.

Queerty will be something we won't forget, but glad to see it go. The site was losing itself in its on hype and doing more harm than good. Deuces!

6 comments:

Prince Todd said...

Dreams really DO come true!!!

Cubby said...

I am personally VERY happy to see this site go. I came to despise Queerty when they tried as hard as they could to derail the National Equality March in Wash. DC in 2009 for reasons that are still beyond any and all normal comprehension. I don't know who ran that awful website, but I really do wish they take this opportunity to pull their heads out of their asses and put some effort into helping our community.

Anonymous said...

I can hear in my mind that Paul William.s song All of us are glad you're gone???
From Phatom of the Opera.

Anonymous said...

I can hear that song by Paul Williams Goodbye.

Jamie Paisley said...

Lucifer- Phantom of the Paradise.
And after that lipsync for your life, Queerty has gotten the "Sashay away."

Bob said...

Don't let the Blog Door hit 'em in the ass on they out.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.