Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WeHo's gay bar The Abbey gives Christina Aguilera top Honors in their Gay Hall of Fame?


I'm trying to understand this bit of news. The Abbey, L.A.'s top gay bar, has started a Gay Walk of Fame. Okay, cute, but here's the crazy part... They giving the 1st honors to Christina Aguilera.

Now, I like X-Tina, but this is "honor" really out there. When I think of Gay Hall of Fame, I think of the LGBT folks that held it down, made sacrifices and maybe even died for our rights. The last thing I would think about is a straight pop star.

Seriously, this doesn't make sense. But then again, it's WeHo. To many of the LGBT community in L.A., WeHo doesn't make sense. Maybe The Abbey is really trying to do something with this Gay Hall of Fame, but to be real, it's not off to a good start.

source

5 comments:

Prince Todd said...

I'll be the first to say is...
I am sick and tired of gay diva worship. How assinine and shallow.
I love the divas too but seriously?
What a bunch of dizzy queens.

Greg said...

How about giving an award for the Gay Walk of Fame to someone, oh I don't know, gay?

behrmark said...

I personally don't get what's supposedly so great about the Abbey...unless it's the overpriced drinks, long lines to get in, or bad service.

Ian said...

Hear, hear @ Behrmark! I hate the Abbey! Thank you V for NOT being one of my LA friends who wants to go there every time I come to town. Can't stand the place.

Agree with u V, if the Ab is gonna do shout outs, why not focus on someone who's gay??? Just stupid.

Unknown said...

Probably the owner is a just a big fan?

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.