Friday, April 22, 2011

Lil B is getting Death Threats for his "I'm Gay" CD Title


Lil B says he getting death threats because of his CD title. I posted his statement about him calling his new CD, "I'm Gay". Now he's getting heat for it:

I'm not gonna stop and I'm not scared of anybody on earth," he said of the Twitter backlash. "That's why I [titled the album I'm Gay] and nobody gonna stop me."

B insisted he's not a homosexual, but that he is gay, i.e., extremely happy, flipping the word and focusing on its other definition. "I'm very gay, but I love women. I'm not attracted to men in any way. I've never been attracted to a man in my life. But yes I am gay, I'm so happy," he said. "I'm a gay, heterosexual male."


A spokesman for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) told XXLMag.com that they hope Lil B's album title is "not a gimmick, and is really a sincere attempt to be an ally."


B stressed to MTV News that he is in fact a supporter. "I got major love for the gay and lesbian community, and I just want to push less separation and that's why I'm doing it," the Based God said. "I hope GLAAD sees that I'm taking initial steps to break barriers."
Well I hope Lil B realized that using Gay as a gimmick comes with some serious stuff. I think he may be over his head.

source

4 comments:

Bob said...

Everything about this story reeks of publicity stunt.

Anonymous said...

You go! Lil B.

EMikeGarcia said...

In my opinion, this isn't a publicity stunt. He's voiced his support for the gay community and that isn't something hip hop artists do until they're mega-famous. He stood to gain nothing from us since we're not exactly his target audience and the publicity among his own community can't possibly be that positive.

If anything, I commend him, and I wish him the best. I'm also going to buy his album for my brother, he listens to rap.

Kyle Leach said...

Well, if he is serious about being an ally, he'll be able to weather the storm. If not, that storm will chew him up and spit him back out.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.