Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What will be my TV Pilot idea for Class? Part 2


So the curse of an overactive brain is the ideas just keep on coming.

I'm trying to start my TV pilot before class and when I thought I had an idea, 2 more popped up.

Last time, you guys like this idea for a show:
  • A Former Circuit boy decides to change his life by taking his Grandmother's old house and turning it into a foster home for LGBT youth.
Here are the other 2 ideas
  • Two awkward teens struggle to find their place the small southern town of Merrill City, Tenn. One is straight and the other is gay; they are the best of friends.
  • The new Assistant Dean joins a department of the most craziest and bizarre characters in Higher Education. Usually, it's the students most universities worry about; but at Mercury University, it's the administrators.
I can't shake these ideas loose. I'm actually feeling both of them. If you like, give me your feedback. Should I stick to the original pilot or try any one of these new ideas.

3 comments:

Cubby said...

Write about what you know. I like the university administrators idea. Any good vs. evil themes? Gay vs. straight? Bully vs. Victim?

me said...

The first Idea sounds good. I would m,ake it a boarding house instead. The other way can't see it getting picked up.

I really like the third idea.

Of course the only credentials i have is being 30 year long coach. potato, good luck!

Kyle Leach said...

V, I really like your original idea, but the second I think is more marketable and may appeal to many more people. The last is my least favorite, but it does have possibilities. Go with your gut V. You have a good heart and a good mind, let them guide you.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.