Friday, April 2, 2010

Secretary of the Army, John McHugh, will not enforce DADT: THE MISSPOKE REMIX


Johnny made a boo boo, he realized that he has to follow the law:
"Until Congress repeals 'don't ask, don't tell,' it remains the law of the land and the Department of the Army and I will fulfill our obligation to uphold it," McHugh said in a statement Thursday. "There is no moratorium of the law and neither (Gates) nor I would support one."

McHugh also discussed three soldiers who told him that they are gay, saying he probably should have told them that they were violating the law and their conversation couldn't necessarily be kept confidential. He said he won't pursue administrative action against those individuals.

"Because of the informal and random manner in which these engagements occurred, I am unable to identify these soldiers and I am not in a position to formally pursue the matter.”

Okay, it's a setback, but nothing we can't recover from. We will prevail.

source

1 comment:

Stan said...

I've come to the conclusion it's going to take these old farts to retire or die off before a real change to DADT takes place. I hope I'm wrong because I'd like to see the day when this country actually catches up with most of the rest of the world's armed forces.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.