Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Funeral for a Doctor Who Fan

Doctor Who's super fan, Seb Neale, 26, died from a nasty fall at his friend's home. For his funeral, his friends and family sent him off in style...Doctor Who style that is.

Seb's coffin was designed like a Tardis with blue flashing lights and exact wording of the original time machine.

The funeral music was replaced with the Doctor Who theme tune and mourners sang along as he was being put to rest.

I think it's cool his family agreed with this.

Source

4 comments:

Ian said...

I've been on the Internet too much lately, because I kept trying to mark this as "Like"...duh. I'm not on Facebook.

This was a lovely sentiment. Different, but endearing....

KAOS said...

I remember something similiar a couple of years ago.

Sweet. I wonder if the inside is white with roundels? I'd have insisted!

Ian said...

I just remember this when Ka-os talked about the roundels inside the TARDIS, do you guys remember waaaaay back to Peter Davidson's Doctor when he first regenerated from Tom Baker and the regeneration was failing...

So Nyssa, Adric, and Teagan had to put the Doctor to the Zero Room, which then got obliterated, to keep the Regeneration going. After the Zero was deleted, the Doctor wasn't completely healed, so they built a minuscule Zero Room, about the size of this coffin...

I just showed my ultimate "nerd" here, but the episode was called Castrovalva...

KAOS said...

OH WOW!!

Castrovalva, one of my favourites. I can't believe I didn't remember the Zero cabinet. Shame on me.

Ian is my new best friend. lol

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.