Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm heading to Netroots Nation

A few months ago Ron (Mad Professah) told me to apply for the Netroots Nation scholarship. I thought it would be cool, but there a lot of folks who would kill for that opportunity. Still, I took the chance and filled out the application.

Then last week, I received a call from Mike Rogers (Outrage) that got it; an all paid trip to Minneapolis for the conference.

I was ecstatic!


Not just because I got the scholarship, but the fact that Mike liked my blog and wanted me to be a part Netroots Nation. I have to admit, I was flattered.

So in a few hours, I will be in Minneapolis learning about activism, organizing and meeting other LGBT bloggers.  I'll keep y'all updated on everything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I believe Mike Rogers is a self loathing walking scumbag, congratulations on the scholarship.

David Dust said...

That is HUGE! Congratulations.

I read Daily Kos - the people who founded/run Netroots Nation - and it is a really big deal. I bet you will learn a lot and meet a bunch of great people.

John Aravosis will probably even be there...

:)

XOXOXO

Stan said...

That's great! Congratulations! You deserve it.

Unknown said...

OMG, that's awesome. Hurray for you! And we appreciate all you do to keep us informed.

Ken Riches said...

Congrats, an amazing opportunity.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.