Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Question of the Day: Wonder Woman Edition

There's big talk about the Danish filmmaker Nicolas Winding Refn wants to do a Wonder Woman movie and how he want Christina Hendricks in it.
See here:
The director’s long been attempting to get his version of Wonder Woman onto the big screen. “If I get to do it, she’s going to be it,” Refn told Vulture of his dream casting.

In what could be seen as a two-pronged attack on rights holders Warner Bros, only last year Hendricks told Collider: “I’ve been wanting to wear that outfit my whole life.”
Well many folks thought he meant for Christina to be Diana, but if you look closely at what he said, he meant for her to be in the movie. So with that notion, my question is... What role would Christina play?

Cheetah?
Etta?
Giganta?
Queen Clea?

4 comments:

Judy C. Adanna said...

Obviously, she would fill out the old style uniform in an amazing way, but anyone who is casting based on curves doesn't get WW.
Look how good Sif turned out in the Thor movie, she wasn't campy, she didn't have her tits hanging out, nobody had to rescue her, and there were no stupid ass jokes about turning her loose on the frost giants when she gets her period.
All due respect, but I see Hendricks as Aphrodite or Circe. That's not to say that a stacked fox like her couldn't play a strong woman (she did a good job of that when she guested on Firefly), but WW is a physical role- I can't see Hendricks' amazing body doing spin kicks in a fight scene.

Unknown said...

OMG, her Cheetah or Giganta would be great.
If she decided to tone up, just for this role, I could see her as WW.

Judy C. Adanna said...

I know she's a little over the ideal age, but when I saw this picture, it just looks so right. And hot.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg5r4krC2I1qbxoaho1_500.png

Kyle Leach said...

I'd go for Cheetah or Giganta.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.