Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Okay, it's time for more Black LGBT folks to step up and represent. Now, I'm not saying that it's not happening, but we can do more. So, I have some ideas on what we can do to get on point.
- Vote in all elections. Yes, Obama is key; but we need to make sure the right congressperson or Governor is in office.
- Come Out!
- Mentor someone trying to find their way.
- Stand up to religious leaders and hold them accountable for their bigotry and lies.
- Be visible.
- Not only join LGBT organizations, but get on the board.
- Get involved in community organizing.
- Write a blog explaining your experiences. There are kids looking for examples, stories, and someone to connect with.
- Become more savvy about current events, not just on Beyonce.
- Be proud of who you are.
- Learn LGBT history. We should learn where we been, in order to know where to go.
- Become more politically aware.