Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Think I'm in love with Alamo Drafthouse Cinema


In Los Angeles, we have tons of movie theaters. But, I will only go to the Arclight on Sunset because they don't let riff-raff in, if you are late you can't come into the theater, you can pick your own seat ahead of time and NO TEXTING!

In fact, I can't go to any other theater unless it's the Arclight, but now I might be tempted to go to another place... The Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Here's why:
Recently, we had a situation where a customer persisted in texting in the theater despite two warnings to stop. Our policy at that point is to eject the customer without a refund, which is exactly what went down that night. Luckily, this former patron was so incensed at being kicked out, she quickly called the office and left us the raw ingredients for our latest "Don't Talk or Text" PSA. You can check it out below, or come to the Alamo this weekend where the video will be playing before all of our R-rated movies.

Love it and we are getting Alamo Drafthouse Cinema soon! Now, I'll 2 theaters I can go to.

source

3 comments:

Abi Combs said...

We do love our Draft House! It never ceases to amaze me that I can order beer and green chili cheese fries and never, ever, ever talk. Nor do I need a "flashlight".

BosGuy said...

Yes, me too. I posted this earlier too. AC 360 actually did a bit on this tonight.

Bob said...

Priceless.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.