Saturday, April 2, 2011

See 'Insidious' This Weekend!


I saw 'Insidious 'last night and I was inspired and impressed by this movie. It is a new challenge on horror and mythology, which is sooo needed in the genre.

Here's a little bit of the story: A family is being haunted by ghosts in their new home, but what they learn is that it is not the home, it's their son that haunted. And it's more than just ghosts that want their son. Something far more deadly and evil wants him and will do anything to possess him.

So without hesitation, here is my (vague)review:  NO SPOILERS
  • This movie pulled out some great mythologies that I haven't seen in movies. In comic books, but not in movies.
  • The actors were fantastic!
  • The use of music in the scenes were perfect. Very creepy and thoughtful to the action in the scenes.
  • The "ghosts" were creepy and divine. I was inspired.
  • It was nice to Barbara Hershey in this movie, since she was a movie called 'The Entity'. Seem to fit her role in the film very well.
  • The 'psychic' was not hokey, in fact, she reminded me of Tangina from 'Poltergeist'.
  •  The story about what's 'haunting' the son was something different and unexpected. Usually, I figure these things out, but I had no idea.
  • The 'Red Face Man' was creepy and wonderful.
  • The elements of the movie that were perfect. Everything came together well.
  • Patrick Wilson was hot.

I can't tell you more. Go see this film and be afraid to turn off the light.

4 comments:

K. Clark said...

That first image reminds of me the ventriloquist dummy in Dead Silence...creepy:).

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thanks for the recommendation... I'll put it on my list!!

Anonymous said...

I like being told because in my mind they look different and when I go see the movie I am way off. Party pooper.lol

Greg said...

Wow . . we totally disagreed on this one. I thought it started off good, but then reminded me too much of Poltergeist.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.