Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Hawaii Vacation Breakdown

Hi All,

I'm back from Hawaii (Oahu) after spending 5 great days on the island. I have some pics to share with y'all, as well as, some things I learned about the people and the places. 

So, here is my rundown on the vacation.
  • I was taught that Spam was for the less fortunate, however it is the food of the Gods in Hawaii.
  • Waikiki is the new Las Vegas. But, it's a prettier tourist trap.
  • If you go, don't eat on the strip, actually eat behind the main strip or in town.
  • There version of pulled pork ain't the version of pulled pork I'm used to.
  • The ABC Stores run that island.
  • The Polynesian men are hot! For real!
  • It's very carefree and laid-back in Hawaii. Everyone wore board shorts, tank tops and flip-flops. Fashion was not the deal.
  • Cut off jeans are making a comeback.
  • The ocean is so clear, y'all I tell you how beautiful it is.
  • If you go to the island, try to stay next to the sea. You will love it.
  • The seafood is really, really good.
  • A lot of fanny packs come to Hawaii and LIVE FOREVER
  • Hawaii is clearly an Obama state. You can get Obama dildos on any corner.
  • Diversity is really alive in Hawaii. So many beautiful people and cultures coming together very well on the island.
Here are some random pics from the trip.


    6 comments:

    Cubby said...

    What's with the ABC stores?! Can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. I'm not sure, but I heard the Corleone family owns them.

    I'm glad your trip went well. Waikiki is a really cool place.

    Prince Todd said...

    I am in love with these pics! Gorgeous! Hawaii is definitely my next vacation...
    And I am going to bring a Polynesian man back to the main land with me! lol.

    Anonymous said...

    Hawaii is such a beautiful place and Spam really is the food of the Gods. I don't have it often but it's great with mac n' cheese or scrambled eggs.

    Unknown said...

    nice pictures. now, tell me more of these Polynesian Men. :)

    Ron Buckmire said...

    Did you eat at Kua Aina? That is one of the best burgers I have EVER HAD anywhere!!

    Unknown said...

    I so wanna go, so that I can feel like I'm in a movie that is HD lol

    The Stuff

    My photo
    Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.