Sunday, April 11, 2010

Interesting Quote: John McCain


I make that determination by retention and recruitment is at an all-time high, the highest in the history of the all-volunteer force. I get that opinion because I visit with the troops all the time. I go to Iraq, I go to Afghanistan, I run into them everywhere. And of course I don't seek out someone who is gay. Why should I? These are all men and women who are serving. Why should I, that would be nuts. I go up to men and women and I say thanks for serving. I say thank you for serving, you are great Americans, God bless you.

McCain's answer on why he thinks DADT is working.


source

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Recruitment and retention usually are high when the economy is bad.
And who would tell him they're gay... b/c of DADT they'd get kicked out.
McCain is a moron.

Bob said...

Asshat.
Grampa needs to retire.

J. Clarence said...

To say the least what the senator is saying is not a very good answer, and it reeks of political maneuvering.

But to his central it would be nuts for him to go up and ask them because he would then probably see the error of his ways.

Anonymous said...

It started out like a very promising speech, it sounded like it was going to lead into "It doesn't matter if they are or not, so they should be able to say". Then it detoured sideways into Prejudiceville.

lelocolon said...

he needs to come down his anti queer stance re;lates to his homophobia. i bet you there was a homo behind his breading.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.