Tuesday, April 6, 2010

28% of Americans are Idiots


Tea Party folks are this year's (and more to come) super joke.

And, they make up over a quarter of America, according to a new Gallup Poll

The poll results suggest that along several demographic planes --including age, employment status and race-- Tea Party supporters resemble the population at large. 79 percent of Tea Partiers, for example, are "non-Hispanic white", as compared with 75 percent of the entire country.

The poll confirms, however, that Tea Party supporters overwhelmingly skew Republican and conservative. 49 percent of all self-identified Tea Party supporters classified themselves as Republican; a total of 92 percent were either Republican or Independent, with a mere 8 percent identifying themselves as Democrats.

Good Grief!

3 comments:

Prince Todd said...

That is scary...over a quarter? That is a lot. I guess Militia members have come out of hiding just to protest Washington's black President.

Damien said...

By Hermes Staff !! - What Judge Judy said WAS right - touch 3 people and every third one is an idiot ;)

I am guessing this is a phenom not exclusive to the USA - but WOW - they do go hard when they are doing it !!!

Anonymous said...

Please - it's more than that. For example I just got thrown under the bus by a gay rights group I was working with.

Someone had hacked together a facebook account, downloaded my pic and setup a profile in my name.

Used my yahoo mail account which was attacked a few months ago. I had to have Yahoo reset the password and then when I got in I re-set it again. But Facebook doesn't care. Someone deleted the fake profile but I'd love to know who.

And this is gay people btw. People used to ask me why I wasn't more involved with the community. Now they have an answer.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.