Thursday, October 9, 2008

Real Housewives of Mess...oh I mean Atlanta


I want to like this show. I think it's wonderful that women of color are rich and fabulous. But after the first show, I'm worried.

The first Housewives had women who were independent and making their own money. Except Jo, she was the trophy wife of sexy ass Slade, but anywoo, these women are living off their husbands' success. I think there is one who has her own career, but the others are truly new money. And then there's Kim and her mystery pimp boyfriend, which is a little alarming.

Another thing is the fact most of their riches are due to sports, which pushes the stereotype of our only means of success is sports and entertainment. Bravo, you have given us a double edge sword. We got wealthy women of color with J.LO's new money mentalities. But I will continue to watch.

Source

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.