Saturday, October 4, 2008

I Got Faith in RELIGULOUS


Last night, my partner and I saw Religulous and I tell you, it was wonderful. The people Bill met reminds me of the folks in my old stomping grounds. It's almost scary to think about how people get caught up in false preachers and spirits.

I don't want to reveal the meat of the movie, but I will say Bill did a great job. He wasn't being an asshole about religion, he really wanted to know about the power of faith. In his search, you could see how religion warps folks and cause so much confusion.

Religion is a dangerous thing. The power of the words in the Bible or even in the preachers' words can make or break person's soul. That power is too much for man, which is why it's corrupt and full of flaws. And then there's the guilt and shame we carry for believing in such madness. If religion is suppose to be free and easy, then why do we pay so much?

Okay, back to the movie:

This movie will get you thinking and talking about this system that haunts our very existence. I think everyone should see this movie, it's this year's Fahrenheit 911.

1 comment:

Leisha Camden said...

Oh, I so want to see this movie!! I hope it'll be in theaters here, I haven't heard anything about that yet.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.