Friday, December 2, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long's Wife Files for Divorce and Then Changes her Mind


This is where money is talking. Vanessa G. Long recently filed for divorce from Down Low Lover Eddie Long, then a day later, she plans to take it back.

This is what she said yesterday:
"After a great deal of deliberation and prayer, I have decided to terminate my marriage to Bishop Eddie L. Long.  Accordingly, I authorized my attorneys to file for divorce on December 1, 2011.   
"It is my sincere hope that this matter can be resolved expeditiously, harmoniously, and fairly.  I ask that you respect my privacy and that of my family, as my attorneys and I have agreed that we will not try this case in the media, and I do not intend to make any further statements concerning this matter.

"I also ask that the public pray for my entire family during this difficult period of transition.

"Thank you, and may God continue to bless and keep each of you."
Now she says this: 
Upon prayerful reflection, I have reconsidered and plan to withdraw my petition for divorce from my husband, Bishop Eddie L. Long. I love my husband. I believe in him and admire his strength, and courage. My filing followed years of attacks in the media that frustrated and overwhelmed me. I love my family and church family, New Birth Missionary Baptist Church. Therefore, my husband and I have mutually agreed to find healing from these attacks. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time."
Girl, please. Follow your gut! You know he did it and you know he's gay. Set him free and set yourself free.

Don't be a fool, and don't let the money make you.

source

3 comments:

K. Clark said...

Girl please indeed. Ms. Eddie must've have promised some shopping sprees or something.

Immanuel said...

You are so right. It's all about the money. Not truth. Not honesty. And definitely not God.

I don't know why anybody is going to this church anymore. Just to watch the trainwreck probably.

kayman said...

It was all a lie orchestrated by Art Franklin, New Birth's spokesperson, and Eddie's partner in crime. Vanessa is filing after all and her attorneys cleared up the retraction of the petition was falsified by NB, so you now know what's up...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.