Saturday, December 31, 2011

My Recap of my Crazy life 2011


2011 was a whirlwind of a year for me. There were some good times and some bad ones; but in all, I'm a lot better for it. So here is a recap of my life in 2011.
  • I had a great time in Hawaii for my anniversary. My partner and I spent a week just chilling in Waikiki it was wonderful.
  • I decided to take my dreams of being a screenwriter seriously, so I applied to USC Graduate School for Cinema.
  • This blog really opened some doors this year. I was invited to Netroots Nation and met many of our favorite LGBT bloggers, asked to join The Bilerico Project and because one of the Directors of Bent-Con. I also gain more readers and friends too. 
  • And speaking of friends, I met a few readers this year in person. It was a blast.
  • I learned that one of my best friends had a serious breakdown. It began in New York and it followed him here. I watched my friend fall apart and I had to send him away. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. I hope he will get better.
  • I got to travel to Philly, Hawaii, Illinois, NYC and Vegas. Actually, Vegas doesn't count. It's technically in our backyard.
  • I mentioned Bent-Con earlier. It was an event I'm so proud to be a part of. We put together a great event for the LGBT geek community and it's only going to get bigger and better.
  • I finally gained a 1 million hits this year and I'm close to 2 million. And I couldn't have done this without you all. You guys really made this year something and I greatly, greatly appreciate y'all for it.
2011 was an interesting year. I hope 2012 brings more surprises and more developments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I love your blog and I wish I had more time to read all of your posts on here.

Ken Riches said...

Happy New Year, hope you have a great 2012.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year and continued success, my friend!

kayman said...

Congrats, V! I will be blogging more this year, but it will be after getting the hell out of the pit I am going to be in until May.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.