Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Top 20 Best Songs of 2011

Foster the People
These songs were either captivating or just really something nice. So here are my top 20 Best Songs of the year.
  1. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
  2. Sutphin Boulevard - Blood Orange 
  3. We Are Stars - The Pierces
  4. Steal Your Heart - Augustana
  5. Blue Cassette - Friendly Fires
  6. Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn
  7. Call It What You Want - Foster The People
  8. Turning Page - Sleeping At Last
  9. Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
  10. A Sleep With No Dreaming - k. d. lang
  11. All of The Lights - Kanye West
  12. Rolling in The Deep - Adele
  13. Something Came Over Me - Wild Flag
  14. Top Of The City - Kate Bush (2011)
  15. Midnight City - M83
  16. Lotus Flower - Radiohead
  17. Who Runs the World (Girls) - Beyonce
  18. This is All of Me - BSLADE
  19. Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine
  20. Someone Like You - Adele

3 comments:

Bob said...

Adele and kd.
Loving them.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looking at that list and I realize how wildly different my musical tastes run.

Didn't buy but 10 tracks in 2011. But if we go back a year, I bought 115 tracks.

I think part of it is that of all the new music out there I find most of it over processed, over auto-tuned and I can't stand that.

SteveA said...

Great list - from alternative to pop! Glad to see florence and the m/c in their!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.