Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Top 5 FAIL Moments in Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror in 2011

This year was good for geeks and BAAAD for geeks. We had some ugly setbacks and foolishness in our world. I'm share my top 5 horrible moments.

  
The Wonder Woman Pilot - For some reason, NBC thought they could take an iconic comic book character and hand her over to a writer with no idea on who WW is. The result? A horrible, HORRIBLE pilot for a possible series. For those who read me, know I was on this like sluts on cocks. And when I saw the pilot, I had to be talked back from the ledge. NBC and DC Comics should've been beaten for that pilot. Beaten with a salted barbwire whip.


The Buffy Reboot - Earlier this year somebody said in some studio, "Let's reboot Buffy, for no ass reason!" The minute that idea was spoke into existence, the geeks revolted. It was considered an abomination, blasphemy in the geek world. Every BTVS cast members was against it and no producer, director or writer wanted to touch it. However, one (semi-unknown) writer did and failed. Now the project is in limbo with S'ym and Magik. I speak for everybody by saying, "Thank GOD!"


Green Lantern - This movie was a fail for 3 reasons: 1. no plot 2. bad CGI and 3. Ryan Reynolds. I know, I know he's cute, but it wasn't enough. The movie went nowhere and failed to capture what most geeks love about the Green Lantern.



Scream 4 - This was an attempt to reboot the series, but all we got was a flawed script and a story that was blah. The movie takes place 10 years later in Woodsboro. Sidney returns and so does the killer or killers. Murders happen and once the truth was revealed, it just went downhill from there. It was good to see Neve Campbell as Sidney, but there was no reason for a fourth movie.


Sucker Punch - Great Hera, this movie was snap mess! It was a 12 year-old boy's wet dream and nightmare rolled into one big ole can of crap. The plot was... What can I say, there was no plot! It was about a girl who could dance, well, it was about female empowerment; no, it was about ninjas and monsters... See? It was a bouillabaisse ideas that just didn't come together. It was a complete and utter FAIL. And waste of time during my Hawaii vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me I saw Rick Fox with Faith. Are they an item now? WOW!!

Prince Todd said...

You forgot about The Crow remake! Praise the Furies that one died on the vine.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.