Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kelly Clarkson loves her some Ron Paul

Here's Ron Paul's 1st celebrity endorsement, Kelly Clarkson.

On Twitter, Kelly said:
I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he’s got my vote. Too bad he probably won’t. Ron Paul is about letting people decide, not the government. I am for this.”
Her fans wasn't feeling that and quickly attacked her. So, later on Kelly stated:
“I am really sorry if I have offended anyone. Obviously that was not my intent. I do not support racism. I support gay rights, straight rights, women’s rights, men’s rights, white/black/purple/orange rights. I like Ron Paul because he believes in less government and letting the people (all of us) make the decisions and mold our country. That is all. Out of all the Republican nominees, he’s my favorite.”
Really, her favorite? This may or may not hurt her CD sales. But it sho ain't helping her image right now.

source

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's to bad she said I just got rid of her cd i was given. She sucks. People who are in the spotlight should be careful what they say because they have fans who might not want to hear that. Bette Davis once said "Actors should keep their opinions to themselves".

Anonymous said...

This is why stars should hire PR people.

Glenn Ingersoll said...

Out of all the Repub candidates Shelly B. is my favorite. What can I say? Got a soft spot for crazy eyes!!

kayman said...

Oh well! She actually had a fair chance after the Divas concert on VH-1 considering she has some 'clout' with her ability to pull off some of those soul songs. However, she has killed any chances of revival of her career in general...

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.