Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amazon Pulls Joe King's Anti-Gay Calendar


Amazon has finally pulled Joe King's homophobic calendar. And guess what, King as not happy about it.

He said this on his Facebook page:
"Hoo-we! Hell hath no fury like a he/she scorned... The telephone tree of tantrums is lit up like a Las Vegas marquee for "Boy-Lesque" today with hate mail, threats of boycott and even the risk of Jesus spitting on me for my "Sissy" calendar. I SAID I WAS A SISSY UP FRONT. Ironic who the real bullies are isn't it? Let's see if I get a call from Oprah's people or even Anderson Cooper..."


He added, "The "truth" is that AIDS is an "elective" disease. It STOPS the day guys quit sticking it to each other. And for the tragedy of women and children infected... THAT stops the day their gay husbands and fathers stop cheating on them. Anyone need MORE education, science or funding to understand THAT?"
Oh, get over yourself. You lost, deal with it.

source

2 comments:

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Happy New Year, V!!!!!

Cheers,
Todd
Postcards from Hell's Kitchen

Judy C. Adanna said...

I don't get his complaints any more than I got the 'jokes' in the calendar. I don't care if he self-identifies as gay, sissy, conservative, or Mary gotdamn Queen of Scots; anti-gay nonsense is no better coming from a sissy than it is from a Presidential candidate.
The moment that one of these people gets called out, they start yelling about being bullied, and it really chaps my ass.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.