Friday, April 1, 2011

Yes, believe it or not... There is a 'Born This Way' Glee Episode


Good Grief! Glee is going down this uber-poppy, "please the teens" route of storytelling. Look out for the 'Born This Way' episode.
Glee‘s April 26 outing is so big that even its usual 60-minute time slot can’t contain it. Sources confirm to me exclusively that the episode is jam-packed with good stuff to the point that Fox will likely expand it to 90 minutes.


Coincidentally, the unorthodox installment features the music of an artist who knows a thing or two about breaking the rules: Lady Gaga. While not another tribute outing, the episode’s theme of self-acceptance was inspired by the singer’s runaway hit “Born this Way.” In fact, the title of the episode is “Born This Way” and it concludes with a rousing performance of the No. 1 smash.
Before that, though, the kids grapple with their own body image issues.

For example, Lauren (Ashley Fink) runs for prom queen, in so doing challenging the traditional notion of what a pageant princess looks like. Rachel (Lea Michele), meanwhile, considers getting a nose job.
Well, I'm sure it will be... Oh, Hell. This will be hokey. Most of the episodes are, which is why I don't watch it that much. Hopefully, Quentin Tarantino can take over for a season. I'm sick of the cotton candy styling of this show. Sorry to those who love it... I used to.

source

2 comments:

EMikeGarcia said...

Don't apologize, everyone is entitled to their own feelings about Glee. Personally, I LOVE it! But, I even loved the Grey's Anatomy musical episode that aired last night so don't go by my tastes.

Honestly, Glee pretty much jumps the shark with almost every episode, but I do like it's messages and their performances are usually great.

Anonymous said...

I feel you. I really like Glee but the writing for the most part has been subpar. I really like Blurt (Blaine & Kurt) but the road to regionals can't be told in a five-minute snippet like it's a SportsCenter highlight.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.