Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Top 5 "Phone Themed" Horror Flicks

I love good phone, especially if it's scary as FRAK!

There's something eerie about a weird phone call. Back in the day, you never knew who was on the other line. Or if the person was on the other line, was somewhere in the house.

Stuff like that thrills me. So I will pay my respects to good phone terror films.

976-EVIL


Don't Answer the Phone


When A Stranger Calls


Scream


Black Christmas - LOVE THIS - This was so creepy

6 comments:

Prince Todd said...

Scream was my FAVORITE phone themed terror! Drew Barrymore PLAYED that shit! I loved it!

me said...

when a stranger calls always scared the beejeebus out of me.

Judy C. Adanna said...

Black Christmas is a forgotten classic- the dead girl with the plastic dry cleaner bag covering her head, sucked into her mouth, was an image that scared the hell out of me back in the day.
Sadistic, mean-spirited stuff-- like the recent remakes of Friday the 13th and My Bloody Valentine, the remake of Black Christmas had much better production values, but missed the disturbing sense of viciousness.

Unknown said...

I'm not big into horror, never heard of Black Christmas. But look at young Margo Kidder.

Judy C. Adanna said...

Back then she was the on the receiving end of the crazy.

SteveA said...

The only ones I know are "Don't Answer the Phone" and "Scream" - I do love classic "Scream" - it is pop culture to the max!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.