Fight Back NY is in attack mode and they're coming for Sen. Ruben Diaz Sr.
This man is fierce hater on gay rights and has led many battles against the New York LGBT community. Now, Fight Back NY has their weapons ready; starting with a top 10 list of Ruben's ugly past and dealings.
"10 Truths About Ruben"
- Ruben Diaz was investigated by the FBI
- He was arrested for possession of heroin and marijuana
- Ruben Diaz was only member of the New York Senate to vote against the ethics reform bill
- He was the only Democrat in the New York Senate to vote to shut down the state government
- Ruben Diaz refused to meet with his own constituents
- He compared the use of stem cells for medical research to the Nazis using “the ashes of the Jews to make bars of soap.”
- Ruben Diaz appropriated monies totaling $250,000 to an organization he founded, the Christian Community Benevolent Association
- He also appropriated monies totaling $1,120,000 to the Hispanic Federation, of which the Christian Community Benevolent Association is a part (see #7)
- Ruben Diaz defended former Sen. Hiram Monserrate, who was expelled from the Senate due to a conviction for misdemeanor assault against his girlfriend
- Ruben Diaz and three other Democrats refused to support the Majority Leader, only to change their minds after he "offered them perks and committee chairmanships."