Monday, October 19, 2009

More DREADFUL X-Men movie news


Great Hera, Lauren Shuler Donner! Stop this madness, please!

At a Wolverine DVD press party, Lauren talked about future X-Men projects.

X-Men: First Class
They want Harry Potter-ize the students and make their coming of age the focus.
"Harry Potter is a bit of a role model for us, absolutely. But we want it to be like the recent, darker Potters. It should not be a kiddie movie - we're in the X-Men world so you can't suddenly change the tone. The First Class comics are really fun - they're funnier than any other comics I've read. Basically in each one the kids are fighting strange villains, sometimes it's aliens, sometimes it's monsters. I want to get a flavour of that world. Occasionally the kids will be in class, but more often they'll be off on adventures. Which Professor X isn't too happy about! There's nothing more interesting than a bad kid, and this is full of naughty children. Cyclops, for example - he's a tough kid that bobbed from foster home to foster home, until he ends up at the school and becomes the leader.
Whatever

Deadpool
"I want to ignore the version of Deadpool that we saw in Wolverine and just start over again. Reboot it. Because this guy talks, obviously, and to muzzle him would be insane.

Okay, I agree with that.

Magneto

"David Goyer has written a brilliant script. It starts in the concentration camps and has Magneto coming out of there. But you know, I'm not sure that film is going to be made. The studio has a wealth of potential stories, and they have to stand back and decide which ones to make. And Magneto, I think, is at the back of the queue. Maybe it'll get made in five years - who knows? I can tell you that Ian McKellen won't be playing the character the whole way through.

Honestly, I don't care about Magneto. I always thought he was overrated.

This is killing me!

source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will be interesting to see which of these are made. I still haven't seen "Wolverine." It's in my netflix queue so one of these days.

Prince Todd said...

I'm not going to see any of these. I am tired of the superheroes on film now.

SteveA said...

I like these superhero flicks - they are different - and really easy to look at - so for me after a hard day's work when my mind's been ticking all day - I need something that's cool - I would see all of them.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.