Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Different Worlds we Could have lived In


I was just reading about the multiverse or alternative universes. Basically, it's a bunch of "what ifs" of your life, like if you did this instead of that.

So, I thought about some my "what ifs" and all the odd possibilities.

Like:
  • What if I went to the Army instead of college? (it almost happened)
  • What if I didn't follow my best friend to Murray State and went UT Knoxville?
  • What if I finished college in 4 years instead of 5?
  • What if my girlfriend got pregnant in college? (that almost happened too)
  • What if I came out at 18 vs 23?
  • What if I decided to stay in NYC instead of taking the Cornell job and moved to Ithaca in 2001?
  • What if I was Christian?
  • What would have happened if I never went to college?
  • What if I stayed in the closet?
  • What if I was a whore?
  • What if I stayed in grad school at Georgia Southern instead of going back to Murray State to complete my Master's degree?
I could do this all day. But do you ever wondered about stuff like this? I would love to hear about it.

3 comments:

Forbidden Light said...

Man, all the time...I think the biggest one I wonder about is: What if I never got that first credit card? What if i knew then what I know now about life?

Overall, I am pretty pleased with who I became. But you can't help but think about it little things that would've made things better...

Prince Todd said...

Oh my god I so hope you don't mind if I piggyback on this post...love it!

SteveA said...

My major what if is....what if I came out....I wish I could!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.