Sunday, October 18, 2009

Just One Villain for Spider-Man 4


Sam Raimi heard it from fans about the mess Spider-Man 3 made on the screen. So this time, he will try to do it right.
"I think having so many villains detracted from the experience. I would agree with the criticism."

So it sounds like there will be fewer foes in the next installment. Raimi said he had learned some new lessons and storytelling tricks from his recent horror flick Drag Me to Hell which was a smaller and more intimate production.

He said: "I think I've learned about the importance of getting to the point and the importance of having limitations, and I'm hoping to take that into a production where I'm actually allowed to explore with more of the tools to pull it off with a little more splendour.

"I hope I don't lose that edge that I've just found. That would be my approach to Spider-Man 4: to get back to the basics."

I hope so, Sam. SM 3 was a hot mess, I think the fourth flick should erase that tragedy and give us a good comic book movie.


source

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.