Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Softer Side of Sears + Butt Plugs = Mess


I didn't know that Sears had it in them, but who knew?

So on their website, Sears was selling "I Love Butt Plugs" T-Shirts. Why, I don't know. But this didn't go unnoticed.

D-Listed caught it and blogged about it:
Now we all know what's shoved up the "softer side" of Sears. Sears has always been known as the place to get a Frigidaire and your picture taken in a glamorous portrait studio session, but now it's the only place to go in the mall when you need the perfect t-shirt to tell the world that your heart (and other parts) belong to butt plugs. Sears pulled this "I Heart Butt Plugs" t-shirt out of the b-hole on their site yesterday, but you can still see it on Google. I'm sure Sears will relaunch it soon with their "I Heart Anal Beads" ass bib and their "I Heart Sears" butt plug.
I wonder if this was way to bring business back to Sears.

1 comment:

Roger Poladopoulos said...

I imagine after they pulled the item, sales demand quadrupled. Interesting!

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.