Friday, March 30, 2012

Clive Barker's Nightbreed the TV Series?


One of my favorite movies and written works may be a TV series. Clive Barker's Nightbreed could be coming back for the new generation.

On his website, the great writer Clive Barker speaks:
“We are also actively in conversation about doing a Nightbreed television series which will be for cable, so it will have a chance to be as sexy or as graphic in terms of the violence as we need it to be. For example, do you have Spartacus over there? Oh my God, it redefines gruesome... I also applaud them for finally realising it’s not a bad thing to see a manhood once in a while – it’s not as if half the world doesn’t see it daily…”

"The sensitivity of our culture has sort of caught up with Nightbreed. I don’t wish to be immodest but the general sense is that the movie failed because people didn’t want to associate with the monster and I think our culture has changed – I think our culture is now ready to embrace the ambiguity. You’ve only got to look at Twilight where obviously the monsters are the good guys – I’m not a huge fan but I’m enough of a fan to watch and see monsters being celebrated. There’s something very satisfying about seeing the evolution of the werewolves...


"With Macy being unwell, he likes being with me 24 hours a day. I’m very aware that my love of animals – my love of dogs – is in there being satisfied in those movies - I mean, to be able to run fast and turn into a wolf – wow! Awesome! It really was a dream of my childhood – to have been a dog. It was something I always wanted to do."
This is cute. I guess we will see if someone bites Clive's bait.


2 comments:

EMikeGarcia said...

There were some pretty great characters in that movie. I hope this happens, I would love to see some of them fleshed out in a TV series.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite quotes I use from NightBreed is ....Save Me From My Enemies.
I wish this were in HD.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.