Monday, March 26, 2012

My Review: "The Hunger Games"


So, I went out and saw The Hunger Games. I thought it would be a mess, but it was good... real good. I didn't read the books, so I had no idea what to expect. But in all, it was good

Here's my bullet point review
  • The set-up was beautiful.
  • The alternative America was frightening.
  • All of the characters have Anime names (Peeta, Kato, Primrose)
  • There should be a story all about Rue.
  • Jennifer Lawrence was so good as Katness.
  • It was good to see the girl from the movie "Orphan" in the film.
  • The story was easy to follow and quite sad.
  • And the story showcased how our obsession with reality shows could go dark in the distant future.
  • The people of the Capitol looked like dancers in Xanadu.
  • Family, honor and heart were the themes of this movie.
  • The director did a fantastic job.
  • I would recommend not reading the books.
  • I do recommend this film.
There you have it. Very vague, but enough to spark some kind of interest, I hope.

7 comments:

Cubby said...

I didn't read the books either, and really liked the movie. Like, not love.

Maybe my memory is already fogged, but it struck me during the movie that Rue looked like she just stepped out of a salon even after spending days in the forest.

Greg and I are arguing about Effie. Was that character played by a female actor or a male?

Lenny Kravitz (Cinna) did a great job. I was surprised to see him, as I did not know he ever did any acting.

Bruno Laliberté said...

I'll wait for the bluray but it does sound good "on paper"...
:)~
HUGZ

Dan O. said...

The film doesn't really get going until they actually do get to The Hunger Games, but when it does get started up its entertaining, tense, unpredictable, and very well executed from Gary Ross. I also couldn’t believe that this was his 3rd film after other flicks such as Seabiscuit and Pleasantville, which are both good but are different from this one. Still though, great jobs from everybody involved and I cannot wait for the sequel. Good review.

Prince Todd said...

I may go see it. I've heard it was not like Battle Royale.

SteveA said...

I didn't like it at all....it seemed predictable and somehow, the whole script just lacked cohesion!

SteveA said...

I didn't like it at all....it seemed predictable and somehow, the whole script just lacked cohesion!

Daij said...

I didn't see it last week because I feared I'd be the only person over 17 in the theater. But I intend to see it this week.

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.