Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pics from the GetEqual Protest against HRC & Goldman Sachs in Los Angeles

With my broke back, I went downtown to watch the GetEqual protest. They were after the HRC for their collaboration with Goldman Sachs.

There were many messages during the rally, but one was consistent. They wanted Full Federal Equality. I asked a few of them what does that mean? I was told that we must fight the rights of all LGBT folks. Gay marriage is only a piece of the battle and it's not enough.

That stuck with me, because I've always believed that. This recent "evolve already" mess is nothing. We should fight for all issues within our community. I have to say I was moved by this protest.

No comments:

The Stuff

My photo
Viktor is a small town southern boy living in Los Angeles. You can find him on Twitter, writing about pop culture, politics, and comics. He’s the creator of the graphic novel StrangeLore and currently getting back into screenwriting.